Monday, April 11, 2011

Moving On to Better Places

Ok, so since my last post not much has happened. Catholic Family Services, the agency that never returned my phone calls, still hasn't returned my call. So, I called them and finally did speak with someone, but they have a waiting list. I spoke with the agency director, and she took our information, but overall didn't seem too interested. You know when you just have a gut feeling about something?? Or the holy spirit is poking at you? Well I just didn't feel good about them.

 In the meantime, I have been speaking with a social worker from Family Adoption Services, and they have been absolutley wonderful! So nice, helpful, and excited to speak with me. I asked if we could set up an appointment with her and she suggested we set up with the entire agency! So today Tyler and I went to Birmingham and met with the director his staff, including his wife. It was a wonderful meeting. I just feel at home with them, so comfortable and natural. He answered all of the questions I had (I was the crazy person who brought it a notebook of questions lol), Tyler, who has definatley been given the gift of discernement, feels good about him as well. We met his wife, and as Tyler stuck out his hand to shake hers, she said " I don't do hand shakes, I do hugs". This is my kind of woman!! After hearing her speak of her love for these children, birthmothers, and adoptive parents, I was sold. To her and her husband, this is not just a job, it's a ministry. They have been called to do this, and it is very apparent that God has his hands on them. I now know why we met the resistance we met at the other agencies. It was clear today that this is where we are supposed to be. So now, Agape is going to forward our paperwork, and our new social worker will be calling us to let us know if there is anything else we need to do. But, it's sounding like in the next few weeks we will be looked at by potential birthmothers. Their average wait time is 18 months, but we were told today that our time may be significantly less since we are willing to accept any race child.

I am so excited to see what's next. I have been so discouraged and nervous and today I feel so much better. As we were leaving the agency we headed to Tyler's school to turn in a paper that was due. On our way there Christy Nockles was on the radio and the words "We will keep our eyes on You, We will keep our eyes on You.." were being sung right as we passed by the place we used to do our fertility treatments, and the words "You are Beautiful" were on an overpass that we passed under. It was a cheesy movie- like moment, but I felt God clearly speaking to my heart in that moment. I'm so glad that I have kept my eyes on Him. It's been hard, and I have failed at times, but I know that I'm He wants us to be. I have been overwhelmed with feelings of gratitude, thankfulness, and an unbelievable happiness today. Just as they said when we left the agency today, "We're gonna have a BABY!"

1 comment: