Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Glorious Unfolding...

As I drove home from work yesterday I was running through my head all of the things still left to do for the day. I had less than 15 minutes to run in the door, kiss my kiddos, get them ready and myself changed, and head to TUMC for a night of prayer over Tyley Sue. In true supermom fashion, we arrived just on time :) But as I drove and ran through my to do list, I was really talking to God as well and had been asking "why, what if, & when" about Tyley Sue. I do sometimes wonder "why" her. "Why" us? I think a lot about the what ifs. I think about her therapy and wonder "when" will we see it producing good in her life.

As I pondered all of these random thoughts and questions, and wrestled with God about them all, the last thing I asked for was peace for it all. I prayed and asked that God would ease my anxiety and fears. I told him that I knew I wouldn't get all of the answers to my questions right now, but I just had to ask anyways. And then the song "Glorious Unfolding" came on the radio. You know, there are those times that a radio is just back ground noise....and then there are the moments, out of no where, where you zoom in and realllllly listen to the words. At that moment, this is what I heard: 

Lay your head down tonight

Take a rest from the fight
Don’t try to figure it out
Just listen to what I’m whispering to your heart
‘Cause I know this is not 
Anything like you thought
The story of your life was gonna be

This was the moment I said aloud in my car, by myself, "yep!" And then I went on to hear: 


God’s plan from the start
For this world and your heart
Has been to show His glory and His grace
Forever revealing the depth and the beauty of
His unfailing Love
And the story has only begun.

And it feels like the end has started closing in on you

But it’s just not true
There’s so much of the story that’s still yet to unfold
And this is going to be a glorious unfolding
Just you wait and see and you will be amazed
And watch this glorious unfolding




And right here I realized just how much God listens and answers in His own way. "This is going to be a glorious unfolding, just you wait and see and you will be amazed." I know God has a plan but sometimes I lose sight of that in the details and busyness of the day to day routine. 


You've just got to believe the story is so far from over
So hold on to every promise God has made to us

I, for one, can't wait to see what the glorious unfolding will be. Will it be healing? Will it be amazing progress? Will it be like this forever? Is the purpose in this all not to heal her, but just to use her story to reach others? Those are the questions I'm sure I will continue to ask God-even though his answer will probably be to wait and quit trying to figure it out and just let Him do His thing.....because He's pretty good at it :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment