Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

We celebrated Mother's Day yesterday with lunch at my momma's house after church. We celebrated with Tyler's mom and family on Saturday night. It's was 2 good days filled with family and good food :)  Our church service yesterday was so good. Of course we celebrated all of the mothers. This mother's day was different from the last 3 that I have been through. The past few years it has been a difficult day. I have always felt sad and hurt, and a little bitter. This year was bittersweet for me. I feel like I'm so close to having our child in our arms, but so far away at the same time. I don't know how long it will be before we get the news we are waiting on. As I prayed in church yesterday, I couldn't help but pray for a woman that I don't know. I prayed for the woman who is or will be carrying my child. I thought if she's not pregnant yet, she has no idea how her life will change in the next few months, and how hard it will be to make the decision to place her child for adoption. And if she is pregnant already, how many tears has she cried, how many emotions has she felt, how is she feeling on this mother's day knowing that she is going to place her child for adoption, or maybe abort her child, or keep it? These are such difficult choices to make. I can't help but believe that if she is pregnant with my child, that she must feel such a mix of emotions. I'm sure she is wondering what kind of people will adopt her baby? SO many unanswered questions for us both on Mother's Day. All I knew yesterday was that I have been blessed with a wonderful mother, and mother-in-law, and that I will be a mother myself before too long and all of these tears I have cried, and worries I have felt; they will all be worth it when I stare into the eyes of my child.

No comments:

Post a Comment